Wednesday, 17 February 2016

I mean business

I've been up in the loft again, while DH was out as that usually leads to fewer arguments.   It was like managing one of those hand held move-one-square puzzles, but I meant business.

The first little bit was jiggling space so I could get to the back of the loft, to find that Ikea Komplement stuff I saw earlier in the week.  It was like being at a barn dance,  moving things round behind me so I could move forward a step.  Anyway, once I'd got that stacked by the loft hatch, I had a clear shelf.  From there I was able to move stuff around, open boxes, and  Make Decisions. 
I was exhausted by the time DH returned.  I was really pleased to see him, I was still in the loft, as it meant I could pass things down to him instead of having to go up and down the ladder.

I've just finished posting a whole load of items on our local Facebook group.  Almost everything is offered free... I just want to get shot of it, and it seems a shame to take it to landfill.  However, to landfill it WILL go if I can't get any takers.  A lovely Ikea chandelier,  an electric steamer,  Ikea Komplement bits,  an almost new cast iron grate set,  I'm amazed at myself.    There is also a pile of stuff to go to the recycling part of our local Tip  - another electric steamer which doesn't work,  some ancient Christmas tree lights,  various boxes. 

There is still loads to go through in the loft, but I need to have the energy and inclination to do it. 

I'd bought a set of 6 dinner plates and side plates from Ebay the other day. The seller lived only a few miles away, and they went for not a lot of money.  I bought them to top up the set that I knew was in the loft, but I just couldn't find.

I found my missing china, and I chuckled to myself.

I must have 18 dinner plates and at least 12 side plates already.   No idea why I thought I needed a top up set!








1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, I could not stop laughing after reading your blog. I must say kudos to your efforts for cleaning the loft. I would like to give you one piece of advice though, do not clutter your home with unnecessary things. Good Luck cleaning your loft. If you are roaming around for the best services then must visit Chicken Coops.

    ReplyDelete

Followers