Monday 8 February 2016

Heartfelt

I mentioned that Izzy had an unexpected fit on Friday night.  

I think I also mentioned the - ahem - poo on the bath mat?

Well, she'd also been drinking a lot, and lolling about in the middle of the floor a lot. Usually these are symptoms that she has a urimary infection, but that didn't seem very likely as she's on antibiotics .  We made an appointment for today.

The good news is that it isn't a urinary infection. Yay!

The other news is that she has a heart murmur.  She hasn't had one before - definitely. She's at the Vet once a month for a once over, a B12 injection, and so I can get a prescription for her phenobarb', and the Vet examines her and weighs her each time.     This might indicate heart disease, and that might account for the seizure.

She's going to have an Ultrasound so we can find out for sure.  The Vet will do it at the same time as Wash is having his dressing changed.

I'll let you know what we discover.




Followers