I was cleaning out the fridge, and sorting through my various fermented foods. I decided I'd make some more of that gorgeous German Rye bread using my two sourdough starters, so I fed decanted them, fed them, and washed the pots. This morning, I used the Ank to make the dough. All was going well.
The recipe I was following said that the rye needs a bit of help, so I decided to use the proving function on my oven to help ot along for the first half hour. I popped the lid onto the Ank bowl, such a neat idea, and got on with other stuff, mainly vacuum sealing a load of frozen food.
When the oven beeped to say the 30 mins was up, I decided to leave the bowl in the moist oven, but I turned off the proofing function.
Much later, DH commented that I was cooking the bread in the Ank bowl. I was in the middle of something else, so in my eye-rolling voice I explained that I had just put it in the oven to start proving, and I'd left it in there. He asked me why it was on 170 degrees fan.
Of course I'd stuffed up when turning off the oven. Now my beautiful dough - 350g of starter, 600g rye flour, 200g of white flour, ground caraway seeds, rye grains, was a partially baked mess.... and of course the plastic lid had melted on to it all anyway.
What a mess. What a waste of a beautiful dough, of 350g starter, of 600g dark rye flour, of cut rye grains, and, of course, the Ank lid.
I'm lucky that DH spotted it when he did, and I think the bowl is salvageable.
The lid is not.
I'll try again tomorrow.