Monday 25 April 2011

Gnom Gnom Gnom!

Had slow roasted belly pork for dinner yesterday (from the half pig we butchered a while ago). It was fantastic.  Used Jamie Oliver's recipe http://www.channel4.com/4food/recipes/chefs/jamie-oliver/pork-belly-roast-recipe

Today we had the leftovers.  I fancied trying Chinese-style pancakes, with hoisin sauce, spring onions, and cucumber.  We've used flatbread recipe before, but I really fancied trying to make those extremely thin pancakes one gets in Chinese restaurants.   I eventually found a recipe on Videojug. I was a bit dubious whether it would work (especialy the separating bit) but I decided to give it a go. They were fantastic!  We've got pancakes leftover for the freezer, which we can reheat in a steamer another time.  The recipe is here http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-make-chinese-pancakes.  Definitely one for my cookbook!

DH cut up the remaining pork belly, and reheated it in a wok-style pan.  At the end he added some soy sauce.

Yum!  We ate so much, it was really hard to stop because everything(pork, pancakes, hoisin sauce) was so delicious.

Followers