Monday, 20 April 2015

Got it covered!

I am soooooo excited.

The finished chair
I've managed to re-cover an Ikea Poang chair for the summerhouse..

Admittedly, it wasn't exactly complex, but I've never done anything like this before . So, for me, it mas a bit of a major achievement.

Even the flapover bit at the top worked beautifully.

Izzy Helping
I broadly followed the instructions on this lady's blog:

I can see the flaws, the "could have done it better" bits. But a blind man on a galloping horse wouldn't notice.

There are a couple of things I would do differently if I did it again. Plus I wouldn't take so long faffing around measuring and re-measuring, afraid to use the scissors.

I'd also really like to have sewn lines down it, like the original has. But I didn't/don't have confidence in my ability to sew that straight.

 I had enough fabric left to cover the stool,  and I ordered more fabric so I can attempt to cover DH's chair. Also a Poang, but an ancient version - and much harder to cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment