Friday 7 December 2012

House Hen, again

Tilda was very actively exploring the kitchen; it wasn't raining outside anymore, and I decided that she really was well enough to go outside for at least a few minutes.

I walked her to the door.  She didn't want to go where I wanted her to go, she kept trying to dart round my legs.   She's obviously feeling well enough to be trying to assert herself.

So, I persisted.  Eventually, I had walked her to the door.  I walked her a little bit more so she was standing on the ledge.   I walked away. She was back in the middle of the kitchen floor in moments.

So, I tried again.  This time, I walked her all the way outside (I stood behind her until she hopped off the ledge down on to the patio).

By the time I had got back to the kettle, Tilda was back inside.

Hmm.

I'll leave it for a couple of hours and try again later.

I filled her food dish and she's back in her pen stuffing her beak at the moment.

Followers