Friday 29 January 2021

Euphy and Babs

The day after the Zoom Sewcial, so Tuesday,  I unexpectedly received a message to let me know that I had a parcel coming from Babylock the next day.     I wondered which of the two machines it might be, and felt unready for either.

It was my Euphoria, Euphy!

We unboxed her straight away, but then I had to leave her untouched while we waited for the Dishwasher repair man.  I needed to wait until I could give her my undivided attention.

Towards the end of the alloted 2 hour slot, his van pulled up.   He came, he saw, he fixed.   Well, there was a bit more to it than that,  he was here for an hour.    But the important thing is, he fixed it.  Thank goodness for that!  A tiny little rubber "o" ring was the apparent cause of our woes. Such a small thing, such a big impact.  To quote Firefly "It's a nothing part" "Yeah, it's a nothing part until you ain't got one")

Euphy and Babs on my kitchen table
I then threaded her up and had a go.  

She sews beautifully, just like her smaller sibling.  She's huge, unlike her smaller sibling.

The needle threading is different to my Acclaim overlocker, which I hadn't expected,  but it seems to work OK.

I've moved her upstairs on to my workbench,  DH commented that she'd been moved upstairs quickly.  I guess he wasn't sure if that was a sign of acceptance or rejection, lol.

 




Followers