Monday 11 January 2021

Embellishments

Some years ago, I quite liked the idea of trying a felting machine, peoperly known as an Embellisher.    I looked at what machines were available, and decided that I'd like a Babylock one. 

There were two versions doing the rounds.  An older moder, which had 7 needles,  and the current model, which had 12.  I decided I'd look for a 12 needle one.

They come up occasionally, rarely actually, and the couple i did see were snapped up before I could get them. 

Each year, I thought I'd get a new one for my birthday, if I couldn't get a second hand one.   But for the last 3? birthdays,  something else sewing related came up and I bought whatever it was instead.  I don't regret those decisions.

The lovely Jane White, from babylockshop.co.uk and who runs the baby lock UK owners FB group,  was doing another day long Zoom with Katy, the Babylock Educator.    I noticed that one of the sessions was for the Embellisher,   and I couldn't pass up an opportunity to see it in action and to ask questions about it.

The machine was even better than I expected.

I'm still patiently waiting for last year's birthday present to arrive (Covid has caused issues for all the sewing machine manufacturers), and I thought I'd buy the embellisher.  I had a mental image of it arriving on Tuesday or Wednesday this week.    I have a bag of scraps,  I have lots of cat fur available at the flick of a brush, and  I could see me playing around with it a bit while waiting for the Euphoria to finally arrive.

Jane delivered the bad news that the Embellisher is likely to be April delivery.

I chuckled at myself when I heard that.   It didn't change my mind to get one,  I'd finally decided to buy new (and get the benefit of the 2+2guarantee etc ) ,  and April isn't that far away really.

I could, of course, have looked elsewhere to see if someone had one in stock.   But the truth is,  it was the demo on Jane's Zoom that helped me make the deicsion to buy,   and it's only fair then that  I buy from her. 

I've waited 3 years or so.  Another 3 months won't matter :-) 

I haven't mentioned to DH that I have another machine coming.

Update:  It's going to be mid Feb, so 2 months sooner than expected!

 

 


Followers