Sunday 24 January 2021

Going potty, and scanning.

We finally got round to painting our butter dishes today.  

The Studio is open on Saturdays for drop off of painted work for firing, and collection of materials for paint at home.    It's another 6 days until we can take it in,  but if I waited until later in the week to paint it,  Saturday would be rounbd before I knew it and I would have missed yet another week.

I'm not sure our efforts will win any beauty contests,  and  the design I had in my head failed with the first slosh of paint.      But I don't mind. One or other the butter dishes will be in use every day, and they will mean something to us.

I might have a go at a jug.

So, I've done 6 sewing based makes this year so far,  had 1 learning session, and done 1 other craft activity.  That's 8 things,  so I'm well ahead.

I still haven't tested the scanner.  I cleared the small box room A0 desk, got the scanner out,    went and founs some little USB sticks and checked their contents,  found the carrier sheet in case the scanned items look fragile and..... that's it.    I've been in there a few times to think about actually having a go,  but I haven't actually done so.      

I suspect I'm concerned that, when I try, it'll either eat the pattern or it won't quite be the right scale and all that money having it calibrated will have been wasted.

I realise that I might as well do it.  I'm obviously worrying about it.  If it turns out to be OK then all this fretting will have been a waste of time.  And if it's not OK... well,  at least I'll know.

Or maybe I'm stressing that if I do it and it is OK, I'm going to have to actually get on and scan my home made patterns.

I will get on with it.  Just not today.

 

Followers