Friday 8 January 2021

Another make

I had a blood test at a local hospital yesterday and had to get up really early (for me, anyway).   It all went smoothly, and I was in and out quickly.     I was out of synch for the rest of the day,and the best I could manage was farting around in preparation for making a cushion cover for Miss T's birthday. 

I didn't have the energy to actually sew it though,  so I made it a priority for today.

A year ago I'd bought a cushon panel for her.  I found some fab fabric in my stash, which echoed the colours of the panel really well.

 I decided to make an envelope version, rather than a zip version, as these are supposed to be easier.

I made it today.

I even went to the trouble of threading both my overlocker and coverstitch with purple variegated cones, and white cones,  so that front stitches were white and the back stitches were purple.   

I tried to blend the pattern for the fold at the back, and that took forever.   I ended up doing it seam by seam, checking and rechecking after each seam to make sure it was going to work how I intended.

I'm really happy with how it turned out.  Of course I can see improvements for "next time",  but I'm happy with it. 

It's a horse. Yje panel was bough especially for her, and the cushion It was made just for her. No one else will have one the same.  And  I made it for he.

I'm pretty sure she'll like it.  She's lovely to make for.

So that's 4 makes this year so far (foot muff, cover for foot muff, top and tail old duvet, and this).


 


Followers