Monday 4 January 2021

Brrr

We took the tree down last night.  All the decorations, and the lights,  are back in their boxes, and the boxes are waiting to go in the loft.  I wait a couple of days because I usually find things lying around.   

I carried the tree round to the tree drop off point at the local Recreation Ground., leaving a trail of needles behind me.  DH hoovered the needles up from the floor in the living room. And the kitchen.  And the hall.  I was back before he'd finished.    I hadn't thought to take a torch,  and the car park looked a bit different in the dark. There was a hedge I didn't recall seeing before.   Then I realised the reason it looked odd was because there were so many christmas trees stacked like soldiers,  it wasn't a hedge at all.    I added ours to the ranks,  and thanked it, before heading home.

It's bitterly cold today. No snow, just a harsh biting wind.

It was time to wash and refill the cider vinegar drinker today.  The outside tap is frozen, so I brought it into the kitchen.  This gave me the lucury of using hot water to clean it, but meant my hands were ripped to shreds when I took it back outside.

I gave the Girls extra corn today, but they aren't impressed.  The Allotmenteers have long since forgotten that Corn was a treat, and they used to love it.  Now they just want the simple deliciousness of sunflower seeds.  

Sunflower seeds are a bit fattening,  so I line the treat feeder with them (they don't fall so easily through the holes),  then I put in the other smaller bits,  then some corn, then some more sunflower seeds.

No vegetables today. They ate most of yesterday's veg, but there are still some unloved bits hanging up.  I've got fresh veg ready for tomorrow.

No crafting today, although I did have an online chat wth the lovely Jane from Jane White Tuition.  She's running another Babylock Demo day on Saturday. 

 My brother popped over to give me some cheese, and to collect his half of the most recent loo roll delivery.  We've been buying bamboo toilet rolls from Who Gives A Crap for a couple of years now,  and we've been on a regular delivery for just under a year. 

I was also delighted to be able to give him a bottle of Mr Fitzpatrick's RootBeer Cordial.  When added to sparkling water (thanks to SodaStream) it makes a really acceptable Rootbeer drink.  Not too sweet and cloying, and with a good rootbeer flavour.

We had a chat on my driveway,  spaced about 3 metres apart, and it was good to catch up.  iI was freezing cold and it took me a while to warm up afterwards.

The Opticians rang to cancel our appointments.  I'm pleased about that, as I'd been thinking about cancelling them myself.  I hadn't done so, because it seemed that if people are working, then we should be supporting them.   I'm happy that the decision was made for me.

I phoned the Dentist and, currently, that's going ahead.  I guess they wear full PPE so that's OK.

I need to phone up to check about my blood test.  I'll do that tomorrow,  when we've seen what today's announcement says.

 We had a supermarket delivery including some bits for a neighbour who is shielding.  I droped her bits round as soon as the deivery man had gone.      I'm just about to chop the veg for Kimchi.  I put water in my new Kimchi container earlier, and left it open for the water to sort itself out.    My supermarket delivery was minus the Mooli, which was a shame as I really like that when it's brined.  I prefer it to the normal pink radishes.    Still, that was the only missing item, so I'm not complaining.

Other than that,  and our exercises,  I've done nothing today.  It''s only 3pm, but it feels like it's early evening.

I might have to light the fire in a minute.



 



Followers