Sunday 17 January 2021

Dressing Gown

I finally made a dressing gown!

I've had the fabric for 2 years. I was spurred into action by Love Notion's release of a pattern.  Actually, it isn't a great pattern.  It's easy enough, but not very refined.  It had a full bust front piece, which is why I bought it.

I used my projector, which worked well.  The set up in the nearly-tidy gues room worked well.  My lovely overlocker, and my outgoing coverstitch, worked beautifully.  I used some of the birthday present attachments to do the hemming and to make the belt loops. 

Now I've done it once, I'll probably look at making another one, an even better one.  But not for awhile.

I've got plans for the old dressing gown.  I'm very attached to it, which is why it's taken me so long to replace it.  Even the holes hadn't put me off wearing it.  I need to take some pictures of some of the sewing details on it, so I can try nd replicate it in my next dressing gown.

I've got a small amount of fabric left. Not enough to make anything, but mybe I can colour block something. Later.


The overlocker shavings will be great for using on the Embellisher.At least I imagine they will.

I've saved them all to see.

The dressing gown constitutues my 6th make this year, and i'm happy that Iam making an effort.

Followers