Saturday 2 May 2020

The Worm that Turned

I made scrambled eggs for the girls this afternoon.. We had quite a few eggs, including some potentially ropey ones. The ropey ones aer any that are laid by Fleur,  and those laid by the older girls.  In the commercial world these "second class" eggs would not be sold as "in shell" eggs (the sort we consumers buy to eat), but would be sold for use in comercial baking.

I used 6 eggs, and stirred some lovely Chirbs (a hen supplement with herbs and minerals in - chicken herbs I always assumed).    It looked good enough to eat.

I took it out and shared it amongs the girls.    The Evacuees came to have their share.    Fleur started a fight with BigBird, a proper hackles up, fisticuffs, handbags, and grabbing hold of each others combs affair.   It went on until the eggs had almost run out.  I'm not sure who won,  it was a close contest.    Even Nora and Katherine came along to have some of the treat.

Ping came down and suprised me by having a little lunge at Bott.  I thought it was a one off, but I've just seen her go out of her way to assert herself to Bott and Elizabeth.  The two girls walked off without retaliating,  so I'm not sure what that means.

I guess we'll see what happens over the coming days.

Followers