Wednesday 13 May 2020

Here come the Girls

Welll, 14 of the 16 anyway
Annie and her daughter Elizabeth are missing from the pic.

The Evacuees (Big Bird, Katy, Nora and Ping) are gradually trying to come more into the garden.

Nora is struggling a bit. She's still eating and drinking OK, and hasn't lost weight.  We added a down-to-the-floor wooden ladder to her Cube as she was struggling to get up on to the first step.    For the first couple of mornings and evenings, I offered to hel her in and out, but she managed well with the new ladder.

Another 5am start for me!   I'm shattered. 

The girls were making such a racket each morning, and when one coop started, they'd all start,  that I was having to get up to get them to be quiet, or to manually let them out.   The racket was starting earlier and earlier, and when I found myself getting up at 5.30, we decided to set the doors to open wit the daylight.

Unfortuately for me, the gear mechanism on the Omlet auto opener broke a week or so  ago, and so I've had to get up to let that group out each morning.    Luckily it's under warranty, so we've been waiting for the replacement.   Every morning asn I traipse across the garden, bleary eyed and sweary,  I've been hopin gthat "today would be the day" that the new door arrives.

The good news is that it's arrived today!  DH is fitting it as I type!  Hooray!


  

Followers