Saturday 2 May 2020

Pork Baharat

The lovely Maria, she of Feisty Tapas, posted a recipe for Chicken Baharat  a while ago.  I have a tub of Baharat seasoning in my spice cupboard,  and I made a noteto try her recipe.

Today was the day.

I used diced pork.   I added mushrooms and onions, which were not in Maria's recipe but someone else who had cooked it had included.  I cooked it for 15 minutes instead of 5 as I wanted to make sure the pork was very tender.  I added all the lemon at all the stages, just as Maria instructed,  and it elevated the taste.

Here's Maria's recipe https://www.feistytapas.com/2020/04/instant-pot-baharat-chicken/#comment-2986  There is a printer friendly version accessible from that page as well.

To serve, I made some lovely  home made flour tortillas.  They were great - they always are, and I don't know why I don't make them more often.  It's been so long since I made them, that I couldn't remember the quantities and I googled for a recipe.  This is the one I made, and it is the one I will be making again https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/homemade-tortillas/

I served with shredded iceberg lettuce, quartered cherry tomatoes, and some greek yoghurt. 






Followers