Sunday 10 May 2020

Anti hoarder

I managed to rehome a massive pile of bird feeders today.   Big tick.

We used to use Chapelwood feeders, and we had a large collection of various sized tubes (seeds, nuts, suet), plus corresponding bases, tops,  trays, and 'squirrel proof cages.  When we excavated the shed a couple of months ago,  I threw away the damaged ones,  and put the others in the garage.  I didn't want to get shot of them in case I needed them.

Today I foudn a couple more.  We've got even better feeders now (in fact we have even better even better feeders; the 2 which are only "even better" are now in the shed!) and I decioded that I'd just bin all the old ones.  But when I looked at them... it seemed a waste

I posted them on our local facebook selling group, offering them for free,   and they've been snapped up.  I'm not surprised, as they are good ones.

The lady who is collecting them (contactless, of course) has a big garden, but she's going to be suprised when she sees quite how many there are.






Followers