Sunday 3 May 2020

The Flock

3 of the Evacuees attempted to come down the garden today.   I managed to get a pic with 14 of the 16 Girls in,  the missing 2 were in nestboxes at the time.

A few spats broke out after this was taken,  when the original Garden Girls and the first wave Evacuees realised that the 2nd wave Evacuees were there.

At  some point I suppose we will have to try and get them all in the 2 coops in the main run. In theory each Cube sleeps 10,  but I suspect that's 10 girls who are on good terms and dont mind snuggling.

We will wait for a bit and see how they get on before making any decisions (by which I also mean see if anyone dies in the meantime) .

I cant believe how matter-of-fact I seem to have become   I suspect it's only 'matter of fact' in the abstract,  talking about them as a general group. As soon it becomes about an individual, that's different.

Followers