Tuesday 23 July 2013

They'll learn. Won't they?

5.30 a.m. I was woken by Roobarb.   Stupid stupid chickens!  I was tired. I was a bit disappointed. 

We'd spent time yesterday (in addition to the time I blogged about)  making sure everyone was OK going in and out of the new opening.  They managed to get themselves in to the Run in the evening.

We'd set the door to open at 5 a.m.   Maybe it hadn't opened?  I got up and  peered out of the bedroom window.  I went and got my specs, and tried again.   I could see that the door had opened.  Stupid chickens.  One night's sleep, and they had forgotten all about it. 

I went downstairs,  avoided the Tilda-bombs (I didn't miss those while she was on holiday!), found the keys and opened the kitchen door.  By the time I got outside, the Girls had magically discovered the open door, and were out munching grass.  

They looked up quizzically as I reached them.  

Butter wouldn't melt in those little beaks.

Followers