Friday 19 July 2013

...and then?

Tilda remained there for some time.

In the end, I went back, opened the run door,and she hopped in.  She received a sharp peck on the head from Roobarb, then she started rooking for corn.  I went and had my dinner.

As soon as i'd eaten, I went back to see how she was. She was under a bench - her usual position for keeping out of beak range. I called her. She looked at me. Did she need rescuing?  Custard was sitting behind the bench, maybe she couldn't risk moving?   I opened the run door and called her. She looked away. I shut the door and watched, she continued to ignore me.  I left her for a while.

About an hour later, DH came in and said Tilda might be ready to come in, she had been standing by the dustbath.  I put on some shoes, and DH called to cancel the suggestion.  She was busy rootling about, and the others were still up.

I decided to leave it until the others had gone to bed. We've done this a few times over the last several months, and Tilda waits under the bench for me to collect her.

Perhaps I should not have done so......

Followers