Friday 19 July 2013

...and..?

I went out to fetch Tilda and, as is now habit, to check that Lotti had managed to get in (she doesn't always manage to run the gauntlet of the three old bags).  No sign of Lotti-hurray, she must have got in.

No sign of Tilda.

I checked again, and started to panic...until I realised that DH had brought her in without telling me.

Except he hadn't.

Gingerley I opened the egg port to see if she was in there. And she was! In the nestbox!

I shut the port and walked back to the house.  Worried.

She obviously wants to be in there- she'd managed to climb the ladder. And they'd let her in.  But would she be OK, bearing in mind they had attacked her before to the point where she died?  That had been the start of her taking up residence in the kitchen.

But she clearly wanted to be there.  Maybe she's on her way out and wants to spend her remaining time with the others?

I don't know.

But she knew what she wanted, so I left her there.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Followers