Saturday 23 June 2012

Freecycle (or Freegle, as it is in our area)

People never cease to amaze me. 

I put a steam mop on Freegle the other week.  I asked people to let me know in their reply when they would be able to collect.

The vast majority of people were perfectly polite and reasonable (PP&R)


Some were PP&R, but made me chuckle -  like the chap who said "my wife would love this".  

I had some  very sad hard luck stories. If true, then the people gave me  far TMI.  I didn't pick any of these, I wouldn't have been able to look them in the eye when theu collected.

I had a fair number of, shall we say, brusque replies. Many of these clearly had read only the title and not bothered to read the post.

The biscuit goes to the chap who sent me the same message from two different email addresses.   This is the entirety of his response:
 Send me ur address and ph no
Do you think I chose him?

No. I picked a chap from the  PP&R pile although not the chap who wanted it for his wife.   I was very pleased because he emailed me afterwards to say thank you.  A surprising number of people don't bother, even if they've picked up the item from my doorstep without seeing me. 


Wonder what today's listing will bring?

Followers