Tuesday 1 December 2020

21 Day Challenge

Our Pilates instructor offered a 21 Day Challenge as an addition to our Zoom classes.  The fee was a donation to charity, it's a good cause, so we signed up. Today was day 1.

Today's routine was designed to get us into the swing of things, and was a series of fast paced warm up and exercises (not the usual Pilates stuff).  It took about 15 minutes, plus cool down time.      Later in the morning we went on a longer walk than usual,  going via our local Farm Shop  and coming back the long way round.     We've still got steps to do,   but I'll do them easily just through the normal bustle of the day.

We had half a pork pie between us for lunch.  We'd bought it in the Farm Shop. .  We don't normally eat lunch,  fortunately the challenge is about fitness not fatness.   On the plus side, we only ate half the pork pie. 

Minor decluttering going on, and I've been advertising items which I'm giving away. 

I've almost finished reorganising the filing system,  and I even started making a bit of headway with the stuff in the guest bedroom.    I had a minor backwards-ish step when I decided to repurpose the ancient rattan chest of drawers that has acted as the bedside table there for years.  I now have all the contents piled on the bed, and an empty space.   I'll put a small side table there until I work out what to do long term.

I've got a couple of parcels to send back to Amazon. They are unused files,  and I have to pay postage for each of them.  I thought about selling the contents instead of returning them,  but I'd probably not get any more than I'm getting having paid the postage.  And this is less hassle - or it will be, once I've taken them to the drop shop.

Last night I decided to try and make myself aware of exactly how many times I am waking up, and when in the night it happens.   I woke up twice before the radio turned itself off,  and 8 times after that.  I didn't look at the clock as I'd have to wake up more to do so, and then I might find it harder to doze off again.

I found my previous pair of glasses in a drawer. They are very very similar to my current glasses,  just slightly smaller frames.  At one point, they both had the same prescription in, but with my last rescription changem I'd sent a pair off to be relensed.     I could have sworn that I'd sent the smaller pair off to be relensed.... but the smaller pair was in the drawer, and I'd labelled the bag "2017 prescription" label stuck on.      I was sure that I'd decided to have the smaller pair done.   

Of course I tried them on, they seemed better - but the lenses were cleaner and brighter, so that wasn't a surprise.  I switched between them as I tried to read things at different distances.  Sometimes one was betterm sometimes the other.    I've been switching them for a day and a half, and I'm still not sure. 

If I can clear the area in front of Orla, I'll see if trying to read music helps.  Last time I played I really struggled, and I realised I needed new glasses. 

 Otherwise, I'm going to have to go to the optician at some point to find out.     On the plus side, if I have been wearing the wrong glasses,  then it means that I am not in as desperate a need for a new pair as I had previously thought.

Such larks.



 

 


 

 


Followers