Thursday 17 December 2020

Meh!

I like Fraser Firs,  they are lovely compact trees that fit in and don't take over the whole of a room.  They are usually sold out locally by the time we want to put a tree up, so a few years ago, I started ordering online, and that usually works really well.    This year,  the company wasn't happy with the Frasers that were coming off,  so they emailed at the beginning of December to ask if we'd be happy to have a Nordmann, or we could have a refund.  I went for the refund,  as I can get Nordmann's really easily round here.

I wasn't going to bother at all though.

I was quite happy to have Christmas without the hassle of putting up a tree etc, but DH was inistent that we shouldn't just not bother.

I was a bit surprised at this,  he's never seemed particularly bothered before. 

So, I phoned round and eventually found somewhere about 10 miles away that had Frasers.  Only small ones though.

So we went, and we bought the smallest Fraser Fir I've ever had  It's smaller than me.  We'll only need one set of lights. And probably half the box of decorations.

We left it outside in a bucket of water last night,  and we've just brought it in.  DH cut the bottom off, and put it in the stand, and it's currently standing getting acclimatised to being indoors.  We'll decorate it tomorrow. 

DH also insisted on Christmas Cards (Who is this man, and what has he done with my husband?), so we did those this afternoon and walked to the Post Office together to send them off. 

I've still got to get a plain wreath to decorate,  which was the one thing I was still planning on having.   We looked in a couple of garden centres on our way home with the tree,  but they only had these teeny tiny things.  

I'm only going to two public places tomorrow:  another garden centre, to look for a wreath,  and the feed merchant to get a bag of feed for the Girls.



Followers