Thursday 3 December 2020

Challenging

Day 3 of the 21 day challenge.  We're doing 18 reps of everything today.

Afterwards it was pouring with rain,  but we still went for a walk (about 1.8 miles).  We did a route which included a slight incline, which wasn't horrendous, so we may well do that again.

Today I made some headway in clearing the guest bedroom (which doubles as my sewing room).  I managed to make a stack of fabric which I'm going to destash*.   This required a loft visit to get some boxes, and I took the opportunity to put some other stuff up there.  It always looks better when the pile of "put in the loft" stuff disappears.

I also finally dealt with the box of thin jersey fabric that I had bought from Textile 9 in September.  I'd planned to share it with my brother.  It contains some lovely halloween fabrics,  some great girly fabrics, and more besides.    He was banned from bringing any more fabric into his house though, so the box has been sitting in my hallway for months.

I've now emptied it and started washing the fabric so that I can get it all sorted, boxed, and put away.I've reated a space for the halloween stuff, and I can't (well, won't) put some of the sewing room drawers back in place until I've done that.

I'm also wondering what to do about my child sized adjustable mannequin.  It's not the right size for Miss T now,  and I don't sew for anyone younger.   I'm sure my brother would love it, but I think he will not  be able to have it.     I could sell or donate it.... but it took me a long time to get one, and I'm not sure I'm ready to part with her.    She may end up in the loft, I guess.


Yesterday evening, the lovely Jane White from Jane White Tuition and from Baby lock UK owners Group very kindly did another stitchalong by Zoom  This time we made little Christmas Trees to be used as bunting, or tags, or whatever. 

Jane had blinged hers up with crystals and stuff.  I pushed the boat out and used gold embroidery thread in the upper looper, lol.  I didn't know what we were making, so I didn't think about my fabric choices.  

It was a very quick make, and it's much more effective in real life.


My Christmas puddings are stored in the guest room, which is unheated.   I made some for a friend (one of which she's giving to her in laws who are keeping separate at Christmas), and I whipped up a couple of Jane White's quick overlocked gift bags.

She's a dog lover, the fabric is Christmas dogs, so I'm sure she'll chuckle. 

I tried photgraphing them, but it proved impossible for me to do them justice.    I'm including the photos anyway, as a reminder for me.

When I was doing them, I thought how this might be a good way to use up my stash,  so when I said "destash*" earlier,  it might be that I end  up destashing by using some of the fabric like this.

Some of it will go to my sewing granddaughter, as it will be good for her to have stuff to practice on.

 

It's been a good day

 

 








Followers