Thursday 17 December 2020

Magic Mushroom Powder

I'm making Ox Cheeks, pressure cooked,  in the Instant Pot.  Normally I make them with red wine and slow cook them,   but Maria at Feistytapas.com posted a recipe for pressure cooked in Guinnes.  I thought I'd try it.

I realised, too late,  that I didn't have any mushrooms.  I couldn't dfind the pot of dried muahrooms, which was puzzling.

I then found I was out of Knorr Mushroom Stock Pots.  I did have some Geo Watkins Mushroom Ketchup, which was nothing like ketchup, so I thought I'd use that.     While I was getting some paprika out of the spice cupboard,  I remembered that I had used the entire tub of dried mushrooms to make something called Magic Mushroom Powder.   

I can't for the life of me remember what recipe it was for, I can't remember what ws in it even.  I found the pot, and put it on the worktop. I put the Mushroom Ketchup back in the cupboard.     I'd pulled lots of things out of the dried foods cupboard, in search of the original mushrooms, so I started putting them back.

And then something fell out, hit the Magic Mushroom Powder (MMP) pot, smashed the jar on the floor, and I had glass and MMP everywhere.

The kittens came to investigate, and I had to shoo them away while carefully sweeping everything up with a foam broom.  It's surprising how far glass travels.

Mushroom Ketchup it is, then.

Followers