Monday 21 December 2020

Ticks

Tree up, tick.

Tree mostly decorated. Tick.

Cut DH's hair. Tick. We bought the clippers the day before Lockdown1,  and I think they've paid for themselves by now.

Girls' outside netted area completed. Tick.

Order woodchip for outside inside area. Tick.     Follow up late on delivery day to find out why they haven't arrived. Tick.  Follow up this morning to find out why they didn't arrive last Friday afternoon. Tick.

Empty old feed from feeders and replace with new feed. Tick.

Disinfect waterers. Tick.

Card with gift for postman. Tick. (I was going to make him a postie Ginger,  but I just have no  enthusiasm for making stuff at the mo). Tick.

Christmas cards written and posted. Tick. 

I thought the list was going to be longer than that.  We've been doing lots of bits and pieces.

I've got a few things left on my mental "to do before Christmas" list.  Some of them WILL get done.  Some of them MIGHT et done.  Some of them probablu WON'T get done.

I've already dropped from my list those things which definitely won't get done - like sending Christmas Puddings to my parents.  I was originally going to drive there and back at the beginning of the month.  I was unwell on the day I'd planned to go.    Then the numbers were getting worse, and I hesitated.   And then we were Tier 4.    I'd only been planning to see them at a distance,  but given the unknown nature of the new  virus, it's probably been a good thing that I didn't go.

One day, this will all just be a memory.

 

In the meantime....

We've just finished Day 19 of the 21 day challenge.  It turns out that "allocated rest days" are extra, so the challenge doesn't finish today,  it carries on up to and including Wednesday.       I'll be glad when it's done.   We've saved up this month's Pilates classes to do between Christamas Eve and whenever classes resume in January.   Our Pilates Instructor is talking about another, shorter, challenge in January.   It depends what sort of challenge it is.

 

 

 

Followers