Thursday 24 December 2020

Foot muff

I bought a new wool duvet from the lovely people at Devon Duvets.   My previous wool duvet was 10 years old, and I'd planned for some time to buy a new one at the end of the year.

I had planned to trim the old one down to King Size, for the guest bedroom, and to use the offcuts to make a footmuff for DH.  He suffers from cold feet, and I thought this would be a lovely surprise for him.

Except when I laid the old duvet out to measure it for cutting, it was a bit smaller than I expected.   I realise it has to be smaller than the duvet cover, but this was a bit smaller still.    It's a little too big to go into the King Sized duvet cover,  but not really big enough for me to trim off what I need.

It's not the end of the world.  I have a wool pillow soewhere, and I can use that. 

I need to recover the edges of the old one, which are showing their age,  and I've been busy planning how to do it.  I've got some Shaun te Sheep duvet cover left somewhere, and I might be able to use that :-)

We don't have any visitors planned, so no rush.

 

Followers