Tuesday 17 April 2018

Fabric fail

I bought some inexpensive stretch fabric about 5 weeks ago.   The supplier was struggling with the hugh level of demand,  and the package eventually arrived a couple of days ago.   I told DH it was fabric,  and I left it, unopened, in the hallway.

Today I opened the parcel ao I could start washing the contents.   The first piece that came out was....well,  it was a (to me) bizarre shade of pink. It wasn't a colour I would knowingly have picked,  and it was also on its own - the rest of the fabric was in two other parcels inside the main parcel. I wondered if maybe they'd thrown in a freebie as an apoogy for the delay.

The other 4 pieces of fabric looked like stuff I'd order, and a couple of them I actually recognised as ordering.  It occurred to me that I should probably check the original order, so I did.

Turned out I'd ordered 6 pieces of fabric, not 5.

The original confirmation email had helpfully contained pictures of the fabrics.  Unfortunately, the images weren't actually sent in the email,  they were just links to an online repository.  Only 3 images still exist,  but luckily one of them was a pic of fabric I hadn't received.

How frustrating. Still, this sort of thing happens.

I've emailed the seller to ask them to send the missing fabric, or to credit my Paypal account. I've also queried the pink stuff.




Followers