And then I wondered why I couldn't just attach my pressure washer to a generator. A generator would be a bit more versatile.
It turned out that I neded agenerator of a certain output. And I needed to check whether my pressure washer would run off a generator, And then I had to chek whether my pressure washer would draw from a warer butt.
Amazingly, the pressure washer passed all the requirements. DH found some generators and, when I discovered how heavy they were, I insisted that it had wheels. We got one.
Today was the first sunny day since the generator arrived, so we packed p the car and headed for the allotment. I was going to jet wash the Dinner Chicks home; dh was going to use the electric chainsaw to cut up some of the branches which had fallen in the recent storms.
It all worked rather well. I was surprised at how little water the pressure washer actually used. I was temtpted to give the older houses a going over, but I wasn't sure they'd stand up to it.
Previously DH had cleared and rearranged one half of the allotment, ready for re-seeding. It only needs the hen houses moving, and another Heras panel. We were going to move the houses ready, but it all got a bit complicated.
We decided to leave it until the next sunny day, and we'll take the house that DH built months ago at the same time.