Wednesday 30 November 2011

Can't leaf them alone

A discussion on the Omlet forum a while ago about leaves, and whether it's OK to put them in a walk in run. (I'm getting a sense of deja vu here, have I already mentioned this in an earlie post?).

Anyway, i put a load of leaves in the run back then and the girls seemed happy with them.  They (the leaves) made the run look a right mess, like it wasn't cared for.   Roobarb then shed her feathers all over the run (on top of Florence's feathers, and that was on top of Tilde's feathers).    Today I was sweeping up leaves from the corner of the garden that the Girls don't have access to, and I piled them in the Run.  The Girls leapt on the pile in glee.  So I swept up some more.  And some more. And some more.

I love the rustling noise as the Girls make busy with the leaves.

Followers