Thursday 24 November 2011

Another Day Out

Apart from the trip to tracklements, en route to seeing the inlaws, last weekend,  I can't remember when DH and I had a day out together.  I'm sure we have done, I just can't remember.


So, my "days out" fund had been in quite good shape up to last weekend, and then I raided it again yesterday as we went to the BBC Good Food Show at the NEC.   We haven't been to the GFS at the NEC for some years,  we've been to the Real Food Festival at Olympia (or is it Earls Court?) and the BBCGFS (now renamed Mastercheg LIve) at Earls COurt (or is it Olympia) instead.     Last year's show was OK, but not great, so we decided we'd try Birmingham again.


It was a very enjoyable day.  Much bigger then the London show, more stands, more stands of interest.   We had a list of things we wanted to look at and try.  We were there from 11 until 3.15, which was plenty of time for us.  


I think I'll give the GFSs a miss next year though, as they are a bit samey.  I might still go to the Real Food Festival though,  as that has a lot of small producers.

Followers