Saturday 13 May 2023

Tidy

We took down all the chicken fencing so the grass could be mown.  We also moved the Newbies run a little.    

Both sets of Girls were confined to barracks while this was going on.  Neither set was happy, and everyone had to vocalise their annoyance.

Eventually it was all done.   The garden looks so much better without all the chicken fencing up.

DH is out now putting it all back so we can let the  Girls out.

It's time to start letting the Newbies explore the larger garden, before we think about letting the two groups meet under supervised ranging.

I'm gaving mixed feelings about it.  A few days ago, one of the Newbies got out and a fight broke out (across the netting) between her and my most lovely and aged hen, Poppy.  

I don't want to stress Poppy out, and part of me wishes I'd stuck to my original plan of not bringing in any newbies while Poppy was still with us,

But the Newbies are lovely (at least the two Araucana are, not sure about the Vorwerk).   And they are here now, so there's not much point in dwelling on the rights and wrongs of it.




Followers