Monday 8 May 2023

Brain and Body out of synch

I'm now into my 3rd week of CPAP therapy.

My brain is feeling much more alert,  better than it has done for the last 2 years.

My body is improving a bit, but not at the same rate as my brain.  It causes problems sometimes.

Yesterday, I decided to do an enormous amount of Domestics.  I stripped the beds, soaked (we have white sheets) and then washed the bedding,   cleaned the kitchen,  cleaned and washed the kitchen floor, the bathroom floor, the bedroom floor,  the landing and the small room.   I washed, I scrubbed, I tidied...

I listed stuff for sale.    I made a from-scratch curry (another Mrs Balbir SIngh mix). 

I raked out the newbie chicken area, cleaned and refilled the drinkers in both runs.  I tested a sewing machine that I'm selling.  I reorganised some kitchen storage. I laminated my Mrs Balbir Singh recipe cards.  I made foccaccia.  I spent time with my brother.    I remade the beds.

By the early evening, my brain was still firing on all cylinders.  My body, however,  was screaming for mercy. I ended up taking paracetamol.  I usually only take painkillers when I have headaches, I try not to take them for other body aches.

This morning, I'm bodily very tired, but my brain is awake and raring to go. 



Followers