Friday 12 May 2023

Clang!

The Newbies are settling in well into their temporary run.

The palomino Vorwerk has turned out to be a bit of a bully, and she's being really horrible to one of the Araucana.  The little Araucana submits,  but the Vorwerk doesn't stop.  I'm going to have to keep an eye on that.

I suspect that the Vorwerk wants to be number 2 (rather than number 3) in the Trio.  I think the other Araucana is Number 1, but it's too early to be sure.

We've adjusted the treadle feeder so they have to stand n it to get it to open.   They aren't particularly scared about the clanging,  but they haven't worked out that putting their foot on the treadle makes it open fully.  

To help things along (and to encourage them to become hand tame), I bought some mealworms.

Today, I put a second, empty, treadle feeder in their run, and put some mealworms (and peas) in it.  I then used a pole to work the treadle when they were close by.   They've opened it a couple of times, but it's been by accident rather than by design.

They love the mealworms.   The Oldies had plenty too.

I'm going to have to message my neighbour to apologise for the clanging.   I can imagine that it is very irritating.

Followers