Tuesday 23 May 2023

Competition

Last night I had to persuade four of the seven Oldies into the Orange Cube.   The three that were already in, objected. Two ot them stormed out in protest, adn I had to spend ages rounding them up and getting them in.

One of the benefits of the new run, when it's done, will be a door into the run on 3 of the four sides, so that will make evening shenanigans less taxing.

Tonight will be worse because the Oldies will no longer have access to their usual run, they will be confined to the fruit cage run.  

...

This morning, the noise started.

I lay in bed listening to two Newbies and two Oldies having a competition.  It went on, and on, and on.  I started counting eventually and, when I got to 135 squawks (from where I started counting), I couldn't stand it any more.   Goodness knows what our neighbours would be thinking.   I got up, and went out.

Getting up and going outside takes me quite a long time at the moment. I have to sit up, turn off my CPAP, take off my mask;  then I have to stand up and hobble to get something on my feet, then hobble to get my dressing gown, then limp downstairs one step at a time hobble across the kitchen,  find the keys, unlock the door open the door, and hobble outside.

As soon as I got outside, the noise stopped.  Dead.

I went back inside.  On the plus side, marginally less hobbling as my feet were waking up.

I made a cup of tea, and wrapped a parcel and bought postage while it brewed.    I took tea up to DH, had a shower, did some ironing,  got dressed, put some washing on, emptied the dishwasher, started cleaning the kitchen.

Later, I went and let all the Girls out.    The Oldies were understandably confused that I didn't open the normal outside door for them, and it took a while for them to come out.  The Newbies were out straight away.

....

DH is already outside, continuing the dismantling, supervised by 2 cats.

 



Followers