Tuesday 29 September 2020

Trundling

Another action packed Monday

Yesterday I went to visit the new Lakeland shop.   It's on an old garden centre site,  and there are a few businesses there: farm shop,  garden centre,  and some others that aren't really in our area of interest.  DH has been going a bit stir crazy, so he agreed to come along. 

I suggested he visited the car wash while I went in to Lakeland,  but he decided to come along and look at me looking at things.  I explained that I was likely to be a while and it would be dull, but he persisted.  He did well,   no signs of tedium or impatience. 

He didn't want to look round the garden centre.  He had to be dragged in to the farm shop where he did look, but couldn't be persuaded to buy anything.  It wasn't exactly as enjoyable as I'd expected,  but never mind. 

Lakeland didn't have the one thing I'd gone there for in the shop.  They offered to order it in for me and to have it delivered to my house, which was great.   I declined though, as I wanted to think about an odd gadget a bit more.    I bought some cling film and a jar of black garlic ketchup,  and they gave me a leaflet which had vouchers in valid from Thursday.  That turned out to be a result, so I think I'll place an online order then.

 The lady whose overlocker/coverstitch workshop I attented in Barton upon Humber started a FB group for Babylock owners recently.  A month ago she set up a zoom call one evening, which my brother and I attended.  It was less stressful than I expected, and I learned  few things.

 There was another one last night, and we did a Babylockalong,  making a tissue pouch.  In just a couple of minutes!    It was good,  We also shared some tips.    I'm going to try and make some more of the tissue pouches today, including maybe trying to use my piping foot.

The kittens are giving us cause for concern.   Shelby and one of the squirrels are at loggerheads.    It has resulted in Shelbyb climbing on to DH's workshop roof,  walking uncertainly along the fence (next door has a terrier) and climbing as high as possible in one of our apple trees.    It won't be long before she's over one of the fences,  and she will struggle to get back.  One side has a little terrier,  the other side has a staffy type,  and the end fence goes into a public space.    Both dogs are lovely,  but I can't imagine they'd be happy to have a feline interloper.    

Lewis has managed to work out how to orevent the catflap shutting.   The catflap is microchip operated, and is set up to let Izzy in and out,  but the kittens can only come in.       Lewis has managed to work out how to fiddle with it so it stays open.

It won't be long before both kittems want to extend their patch beyond the scope of our garden.


 

 


Followers