Tuesday 22 September 2020

Snails Pace

Gradually I have been reducing the piles of Room Contents that were strewn around upstairs.  The little room is now in good shape,   the new shelves are up - most of them -  and most of the stuff has been put away.  

We used some old flooring to make the extra shelves in the end.  DH said it was a temporary measure, but I think they are fine as they are. 

I'm expecting a few bits and pieces to arrive over the next couple of days, to finish it off.  Well, to nearly finish it off.  Some of the bits I need would like are out of stock everywhere (everywhere online, anyway).     I was going to take a trip to somewhere like The Range, or Dunelm,   but won't be able to do that until the end of the week.   I don't want to wait, in case they don't have what I need anyway.

I've managed to relocate some bits from elsewhere into the small room, freeing up space in the sewing room/spare bedroom  and the landing.  Every little helps.   I think I might be able to relocate my card making stuff from the sideboard in the living room as well, but I'll only know for sure when the few bits and pieces have arrived and are in place.

Some stuff has gone up into the loft,  put away properly by me.    There's another pile waiting to go up.

The bathroon is now clear,  our bedroom is now clear (apart from the box of "stuff to sell/give away", DH's study is now clear.    There are a few bits in the  sewing room/spare bedroom,  and a few piles on the landing, but it's manageable.  If you walked in, you'd still wonder what all the mess was.

Alongside this, in the last week we've done more apple juice,  DH did more tomatoes, and  I've taken apart, cleaned out,disinfected and put back together four chicken coops, in the blazing hot sun.   I've been for a mammogram,  we've both been to the dentist,   I've been to the Chiropracter, we've done Pilates.  I've spent an inordinate amount of time online looking for certain things (bits for the filing cabinet no longer sold, other items that are on my long-term list of things to get)....     I thought my list of "also achievements" was going to be longer than that.    Either I've forgotten some,  or perhaps  the rest of the time was just made up with normal domestics.

I've got a huge A0 sized box to break down s (could my life be any more exciting?) so I can use it as dividers for the piles of A0 patterns which now nestle in shelf built by DH underneath the A0 desk top.  When that's out of the way, I might be able to get to my sewing machine!.   I'm planning to bring the overlocker downstairs to have a go at sewing a few things.  Of course I've completely forgotten what it was that I wanted to sew, but I expect it will come back to me. 

Will DH be cross that the overlocker is on the table?  Or will he be pleased that I'm using it?

I guess we'll find out.

 

 

 



Followers