Wednesday 9 September 2020

Saucy

DH is on a roll.   Another batch of passatta,  11x500 ml jars this time.   

He always does the prep himself, but util this year, I've always done the canning for him.  He's done the canning himself so far this year (perhaps me laminating the instructions gave him the boost he needed).

The preserves spaces are filling up, so I'm having to seriously consider a bit of brutal clearance in the utility room.     I know it's easy really.    Except it isn't.  I'm fine about it until I'm not.

I don't undsertand why it is that, with most things, I can be unsentimentally ruthless: they're gone - sold, or donated, or binned.    

With some things,  where I'm not sure,  I  put them  in a box in the loft, date it,  and then if I haven't used it or thought about it in a year or so,  it goes.   

And some obscure things,  I just can't do it.  Stupid, random,  things....like odd shaped tupperware, spare lids. .....   It's not even particularly expensive things that cause the issue.   

Well, I need to make space, so the stuff is going to have to go somewhere.

Let's see what happens.



Followers