Wednesday 23 September 2020

Autumn already

We had torrential rain last night, it woke me up.

I was pleased to be woken.  I've had some bizarre dreams over the last few nights - really weird.  I'm wondering if that my subconcious is listening to a story on the radio or something.    Normally, dreans are you brain sorting out its filing system.   Often, I can work out what has triggered a particular story in my dream,  but the last few nights..... I have no idea.

I'm also getting very hot during the night,   I guess it's the menopause.    One night I woke up and was convinced I had a Covid fever,  but I was back to normal temperature the following morning. 

Anyway.   I drfited back to sleep, only to be woken again by a fox.  It sounded like it was away from our garden,  and I wasn't 100% sure it was a fox. It wasn't the usual sound they make when calling or mating.  I did a cat headcount, just to make sure it wasn't one of our cats. 

 I got up and loooked out into the garden, I couldn't see anything.  I shone the torch, all looked OK.    I could see another torch in the distance, and heard a dog barking,  so I guess I wasn't the only one that was wondering whether there was an animal in pain somewhere.

I went back to bed.  I was woken again by one of the girls trying to crow.     I could hear a cockerel crowing in the distance, and I guess that she was responding.  I don't know which girl it was.

Later, I woke up for the final time, when Violet started demanding to be let out.  She starts and does not stop,  so I got up at 6.45 to let them all out into the garden.    I didn't go back to bed.  I made tea, fed the cats,  did stuff.

It was a busy delivery day today.  A friend, whose parents are downsizing, popped over to collect loads of packaging.    I took some stuff round to one of the village food bank drop off points .   I made dough for pizza, fried some mushrooms for my topping.

It's been drizzling most of the day.  I've packed the blinds away, I'm guessing we won't need them for a while.

It's already a bit dusky.



Followers