Friday 2 October 2020

Foreign body

I had my Mirena removed yesterday.    This one, my second, was in for 8 years and I'm hoping there won't be too many negative side effects The progesterone should be long gone, so it's expected that my body won't react to that.  

Removal of this one was, briefly, very painful (I involuntary "oh fuck" ed a  couple of times, ).  It was much less painful than putting it in had been,  and a walk in the park compared to last time's removal when that one had become embedded in the lining.      I had an evening of period like cramps,  but I felt OK this morning. 

I'm sharing this delightful info because I want to make a note of it.  I am not so secretly hoping that the removal of something which is a foreign body will have an effect on some auto immune issues, and I'd like to look back and easily find the removal date.

Weather gloomy... but we need the rain, so no complaining. Yet.


Followers