Tuesday 22 September 2020

Choctails and a bomb

My friend Y, my lovely stepdaughter C, and I met up in Camden a little while ago to do a Choctail workshop.

We'd originally had this booked for a few months ago, but had to postpone due to - what else?! - Covid.  When restrictions were lifted, we'd been advised that we needed to book before year end.  I didn't fancy going too early,  but I didn't want to be going in the depths of winter either.      We eventually agreed upon a date,  and that date was last week.

My ex-daughter in law, D, was also due to join, but she was unwell on the day and couldn't make it.

We met for lunch in a nearby pub.  It was well organised, we sat outside in nright sunshine, food was OK.

The workshop was a really good experience.    There were only 3 groups (3+2+2), and it was well organised.     Our tutor had a delivery style in the mould of Tom Allen.  He did a good job.


We made two chocolate cocktails. The first was a Chocolate Mojito,  which tasted OK but looked a bit gross. I've since discovered that it's possible to buy clear chocolate syrup liqueur, and that might make the finished cocktail more appealing (or less unappealing)  The second was a chocolate espresso martini,  and that was also very pleasant.

Part way through the session,  a policeman knocked on the canalside door.  That was a bit of a surprise as we weren't on the towpath side,  and it wasn't particularly easy to reach there from the outside.  We let him in, and he asked us all to move back from the windows, as they'd found some "unexploded ordinance" under the canal bridge.

We moved the tables, and carried on. 

We made some truffles,  which I enjoyed (and I worked out why my last attempt at christmas pudding truffles failed). I'm not really very keen truffles, but these were OK.  I bought them home for DH to eat.

The people on the workshop were reall kind, and gave me some chocolate for DxDIL,  so I'll keep that for her until I next see her.  





 


Followers