Wednesday 20 September 2017

Wednesday

More attempts at cockadilling from Bertie.       He's been mooching round the garden all day, and flatly refusing to be picked up.   I managed to get him once, and rewarded him with mealworms.... he still refused to be caught later.

Today's personal highlight was a planned massage.  The lady who does it works wonders, and I it makes a real difference to my circulation and to my various cricks and crooks.    It was planned for the middle of the day, which means the rest of the day was planned to be a bit of a wipeout while I emjoyed the results.

I wanted to go to Costco as they have an offer on a Vacuum sealer.  We don't need a new one, but the one on offer has some helpful features which our current one does not.  The main feature is the ability to force it to do the vacuuming, rather than have it automatically triggered when the bag is pushed in. We have to waste a lot of bag space because of this,  and often have had to use a bigger bag than really necessary.

I've been meaning to go for 2 and a half weeks,  but I kept putting it off.   It was today, or miss the offer (it's not available online, they onl have some bottom of the range model available online).  (Tomorrow and Friday I have other appointments,  and I never visit Costco at the weekend unless it's an emergency.  Saving money on a Vacuum sealer that I don't strictly need isn't an emergency).

I have to drop DH at his friend's house this evening, so I thought I'd go to Costco then. At least I'd have had a few hours of post-massage floatiness.

And then my poor therapist contacted me to say she wasn't well.

So, I did the Costco trip.  I managed to not buy a breadmaker we don't need (although I am thinking of  going back to get it).  It was an OK trip.

Unrelated to Costco, I've also arranged to collect two hens tomorrow afternoon.   I can't get them today because I don't want them all shut in the small run while I'm not there to keep an eye on things.

Followers