Tuesday 12 September 2017

Snowball

I found the camcorder, to attempt to record the chick/s crowing and, of course, the battery was dead.  I knew that the spare battery was in the charger, and the charger had been plugged in to a socket in the kitchen. I also knew that it wasn't there any more, I'd moved it when I'd wanted to raise the table,  but I couldn't think where it could be.

I checked the obvious place.  I emptied the little cupboard out in the end, and checked everything to make sure I wasn't missing it.

So, I went to the next obvious place.   And while I was there, I thought it could all do with sorting out.  And  then it snowballed. 

I had stuff everywhere. Piles of stuff.   All the little electricky bits,  I put into ziplock bags and printed labels for the bags (most of the actual items were already labelled, from a previous tidy up). I took the opportunty to clear out some stuff relating to an old job, and stacked the papers up, ready to burn.   This gave me a free slot,  so I did some reorganising of that unit while I was at it.

I've managed to clear out several cupboards.   I didn't find the charger but, part way through,  I remembered recording my embroidery machine,  and I could vaguely picture it sitting on the side upstairs. 

I did look, while I was taking some stuff upstairs to out away, and it wasn't where I pictured, but the spare battery was. 

I carried on sorting out downstairs.  I vaguely remembered it had been plugged in the landing, and I'd unplugged it for some reason... and I'd put it in a stupid place.   By the time I'd nearly finished the excavations downstairs,  I had a pretty good idea where it was.  I went upstairs to look - and found it.

I'm actually quite pleased that I misplaced it, as I wouldn't have done all this decluttering otherwise.


Followers