Friday 8 September 2017

Cockadiddley?

Was that a strangled, adolescent, crow I just heard?  Or was it the dishwasher squeaking?

I ran to the kitchen to look out of the window to look through the window at the 3 youngsters.

I was ambushed en route by a starving cat. As she's a fussy eater, I had to stop and feed her,  and I heard it again.  It was definitely not the dishwasher, so it must be one of the chooks.

But which one?

I looked at them, as they all sat in a line, perched on the back of the child sized garden bench.  None of them looked like they'd crowed,  and none of them looked like doing it again.

DH appeared. "Did you hear it?" he said.

Sherbert,  the "Legcana" with face furniture and yellow legs looked quite pleased with herself.   "I hope it's not her!".  We have no room for a male Legcana, and I'd paid good money for a pullet.

We stood and watched and waited.  And waited.  And waited.

Eventually we gave up waiting.

I'm trying to remember my password for the security cameras so I can see if it was caught on camera.

Followers