Friday 29 January 2016

Waiting

Wash is in for his Op today, having the pins (and the apparatus supporting them) removed.    He had his last meal at 9.30 last night, and this morning he just couldn't understand why we were ignoring his pleas for breakfast.

The morning seemed to drag as we waited until 2pm, the time we were told to phone.   Lots of busywork.  I decided to wrap my mother's birthday present. The box is quite large, so I decided to use florists ribbon instead of organza.   The bow looked lame, which surprised me as my bows normally look quite professional.

Youtube to the rescue.  I learned how to make pompom type bows with polyester ribbon.  I probably should have split the ribbon in half lengthwise, as the ribbon I have is much much wider than anyone on Youtube was using.  My attempt compared to the video I was following, is rubbish.  However, as polyester ribbon bows go, it's fine.

It's not really fine enough to share though,

Instead, here's a pic of the card I made for my mother.  It's a Lady's Slipper Orchid.




Followers