Wednesday 3 June 2015

Grumping

I have no idea what has happened.

Yesterday I sat down to cheerfully write a blog post to include a couple of my minor creations. I had to go out, and decided I'd leave it to today.

Today I'm in a right old grump.  No. This afternoon I'm in a right old grump. I don't know what happened.

Actually, I do know what happened.

I had a final piece of an anniversary card to make for DH, and one of the numbers wouldn't stitch out properly. The design was flawed, but it looked like rubbish embroidery on my part.  I was working against the clock - DH only out briefly - and I looked in my files for a replacement font.  None of them had number how I wanted.   In desperation, I created and stitched a replacement, but it wasn't great.

Then I decided to go and buy a font, but I couldn't find one that was perfect. They weren't cheap (in embroidery design terms), ranging from $10 to $20,  but most sites give you several different sizes for your money.

I got as far as putting a "not bad" one in my basket, but then I realised it was $10 for just one size.  I was supposed to get 2 free designs with it, but the checkout process would only let me have 1.   And I think that's when the Grump started.  I emptied my basket, and made the card with what I had.

And then I found that I had somehow managed to get a fold across the middle of the first part of my design. I steeled myself not to tear it all up - apart from anything else, I just don't have time to do it all again.

I'll post a pic tomorrow.

In the meantime, here's a card I've made for my friend Sue's birthday:


Followers