Wednesday 11 June 2014

Big NIght?

This *might* be Tilda's first night camping out.

She's been reluctant to come in the last few nights. It's been very hot out.   Mind you, judging by her wanderings she hasn't been to keen to go out in the morning, so maybe that's not true. Or maybe she's been desperate to go out, and has been wandering around the house looking for an open exit.  Although this morning she had made a nest in my one of my shoes, which was lying by the dishwasher.  So, all in all, it's rather inconclusive.

Anyway.  This evening, I put her in her run and put some food and mealworms in there too.  I left her in there.

A few minutes later, she was back out, sitting by the gate into the Other Girls' paddock.   Well, one thing I can say with certainty is that she won't be going back in with them.

I wondered if she would prefer to camp out.

So, I picked her up and "helped" her up the ladder/ramp into the Go.  There is little chance that she will climb up this herself, but she might be able to fly part way up, and then flap her wings to propel herself in. That's how she got into the Cube when she was camping out with the Girls last summer.      I just needed her to see that the elevated Go was hers, then we can see whether she chooses to stay there,  or to go back in there.

She started by eating the Aubiose.  I put some Yoghurt (in a coop cup) in with her.   I left the pop hole open so there is no problem with ventilation.  Currently the door into the run is also open, so that if she wants to come down and leave, she can.

She's sitting, looking quite comfortable, watching out of the pop hole at the moment.

Will she stay there?

Hmm. We'll see.

Followers