Sunday 28 August 2011

My day continues.

So. DH phoned to see how I had got on with the chickens.  I told him. I went on to tell him about the scotch eggs,  about DB1 and the phone,  and then how  DB2 had had to unscrew the lawnmower filler cap for me.

"Be careful which petrol you use", he said.  
"Why?" I asked.  

"There are two sorts in the shed, 2 stroke and normal" .  
"There was only one can with petrol in. The other was empty.Does it matter? How do you tell?"

"Yes. The mower will smoke and will get gunged up"
"So what was in the can with petrol in?" 


"One of them is lighter than the other. Not the can, the petrol"
"Ri-ight. So how can I tell?"

"One of them is lighter than the other."
"Right.  So how do I tell what it is when only one of the cans has petrol in?"


"I don't know. It's probably 2-stroke."
"If it matters, why didn't you write on the can?!?!" 
"Leave it. I'll drain the mower when I get home"


So. That's another pre-FG (Family Gathering)  job that I can't do!

Never mind.  These are all small things,  and they will pass.This time next week it will all be over with and normality will have resumed.





Followers