Wednesday 31 August 2022

Splits

My car was goin g in for a service and MOT,  and it was full of stuff to go to the charity shop.   Yesterday was my last chance to do it.  I needed to get into the town where my chosen charity shop is so that I could park out in the brief early morning period when the road isn't pedestrianised.

All went well.  Apart from one of the charity shop bvolunteers being a bit.......snooty?  Snooty isn't the right word,  but I can't put my finger on a better one.     I dislike donating to charity shops because some of them are personned by by people, women usually,  who look donators up and down when they donate, as if to assess the likely quality of donations.    I hate it.

 There was a second lady in the shop who was very welcoming, and seemed genuinely happy  for the stuff I handed over.  She also told me how I could park round the back of the shop in future.   I don't know if I could go back there. though.

Anyway, I digress.

I was settig off for my journey.  Walking out of the kitchen towards the hall, I decided to pick up the hall table and put it back in place. I turned, picked it up, turned back and stepped forward...... and my left foot & all my weight trod on a plastic thing and skated away from me.

In slow motion, I saw what was about to happen.  I was going to do the splits. 

 I couldn't stop myself.     I had a table in my hands, my left leg was already extended forward and my right leg extended backward beyond the point where I could try and get off the plastic thing. 

I remember thinking "this is going to hurt. I hope I don't break anything".

Luckily, my left foot hit a cupboard and so it couldn't go all the way down.  The stop made me drop the table and I fell to the side over it  My right leg jerked backwards, and I felt the Glutes scream.

 

The table broke.  And it broke my fall. 

It could have been so  much worse.

Followers