Wednesday 3 August 2022

Backwards and Forwards

Another drawer yesterday. Still loads to do. 

I made myself cut out and sew two maxi skirts!  Same old Pattern Emporium Heartlight pattern, I love it.  I have a cardboard template for it,  so it's all fairly quick as long as the fabric isn't too challenging.    Yesterday's chooices were moderately annoying fabrics,   a sort of stretchy cottony stuff which curled terribly.    I perservered because I need some lighter, breathable,  skirts in this weather.

I need to hem them,   but I thought I'd wait until today as I planned ot make some plain tops to go with my various skirts.  That didn't happen, so I'll try gain tomorrow.

I've sold a few things on Ebay - at least, they have bids on - so I've been sorting out packaging and stuff.  I've left a trail of chaos everywhere, and I've promised myself it will all be gone at the weekend.  In the meantime, I've got bits all over the cutting table again.

DH is busy processing tomatoes, so the kitchen has had a double whammy.

I'm going to put some stuff away as soon as I've finished this post.  If I can keep the table clear, I've got more chance of actually doing some cutting out tomorrow. 


I don't think that I mentioned that I lost my Atkiia blood pressure bracelet.  I took it off the morning after my (at home) sleep study, and I can't find it.    I went to the hospital to see if I had stuffed it in the envelope along with all the sleep equipment,  but I hadn't.

It was searching for this that made me extend my 'cupboard a day' to other rooms in the house.    I couldn't find it,despite changing the sheets, vacuuming under the bed, and other such things, so I tried to buy a replacement.    

It's not possible to just buy the bracelet, I had to buy the whole kit again,  but the customer services chap gave me a discount code.    The new one arrived a couple of days ago, and I finally charged it up and paired it today.

I continued using my original calibration cuff, no point using the new one just for the sake of it.   I was happily surprsed to find that it needed me to redo the measurement as my baseline bp had gone down and it needed to verify it.  That's the second time this has happened, so my body might be trying to fix itself.   Or it might be a side effect of some of the strange things I am doing to try and boost my thyroid.

 


Followers